What is TWRP Recovery ?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is the most popular open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Advantages of TWRP:
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP recovery flashable zip
- You can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery.
- You can Wipe, Cache, and data via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files.
- You can install Cutom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery.
- It allows to install Xposed Modules.
- You can flash Custom Kernel to underclock and overclock.
- Enables to flash system images (.img) file via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP recovery.
- You can create Android Backup via TWRP.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. It gives access to the Android operating system code (the equivalent term for Apple devices id jailbreaking). It gives you privileges to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to.
The advantages of rooting:
Gaining root access on Android is akin to running Windows as an administrator. You have full access to the system directory and can make changes to the way the OS operates. With root you can run an app like Titanium Backup to delete or permanently hide the app.
How to Know if your Device is rooted or not?
Install a root checker app from Google Play. Open it and follow the instructions, and it will tell you if your phone is rooted or not. Go old school and use a terminal. Any terminal app from Play Store will work, and all you need to do is open it and enter the word “su” (without the quotes) and hit return.
Now after knowing all the necessary basics of what rooting your device is, here is a simplified tutorial in the form of written guide that will surely help you out.